Odessa Institute of Private Joint-Stock Company "Higher education institution "Interregional Academy of Personnel Management" prepares professionals in the industry 05 "Social and behavioral science" 053 "Psychology" of the first (undergraduate) and second (master's) level of higher education. The graduating Department for specialty 053 "Psychology" is the Department of scientific, social, and behavioral disciplines.
Program specialty 053 "Psychology" is focused on training qualified specialists in psychology focuses on the development in the personal, professional and social terms, and its result is not simply the acquisition of psychological knowledge, skills, and the formation of key professional competencies, adequate to modern social and cultural conditions. The educational process of training of psychologists is subject to didactic possibilities of modern information and communication technology training and focuses on the formation of educated, harmoniously developed personality capable to self-education and permanent updating of scientific knowledge, professional mobility and rapid adaptation to changes in the socio-cultural sphere, management systems and work organization in a market economy. In the system of modern scientific knowledge, psychology has a special place that is determined by its specificity, because it combines the theoretical foundations on which is based, and practical activities with a variety of clients. Psychological experts able to act as a kind of intermediaries in interaction between individuals, families and society, to actively influence the creation of positive relations in the society, harmonization of relations between people, to support useful initiatives, to encourage various forms of assistance, to carry out psychological research, etc. special attention is paid to students to develop necessary professional skills for effective psychological counseling other people. Psychologists also learn the main principles of drawing up psychocorrection of programmes and psychological assistance.
Specialists in the direction of training "Psychology" can perform research, education, management, psychoto, counseling and psycho-correction work in scientific and educational institutions of various levels; in the institutions of the social sphere dealing with socio-psychological assistance; economic institutions, performing job duties with the staff; the medical institutions, carrying out psychological support of patients; in the power structures, along with other specialists taking part in law enforcement activities. Psychologists develop recommendations and implement psychogun activities to improve training, education and production of human activity. Graduates are prepared psychologists to work in education, medicine, social care, social services for family, children and youth in the Armed forces, the SBU, Ministry of internal Affairs, administrative, political and private organizations.
The main objective of the specialty is to provide education in the field of social and behavioral Sciences with broad employment opportunities for successful professional realization on the labour market, to form the core competencies of a psychologist, able to work independently and continue their education in doctoral programs in psychology. The program envisages the possibility of specialization.
Majors for bachelor's degrees:
Majors for master's degree:
Competences formed as a result of training in educational and professional training program
Knowledge and understanding:
• fundamental theoretical and practical knowledge of psychological aspects and human behavior, holistic understanding of the phenomenon of the existence of the personality of man, his mental health;
• theoretical foundations and practical skills of analytical work with the aim of identifying factors in the emergence of psychological problems;
• theoretical and methodological substantiation of experimental research programs;
• modern and classical methods of diagnostics of individual psychological peculiarities of the personality;
• theoretical and methodological basis and principles of the organization psycho, psycho, psycho-therapeutic work with various populations in various branches of psychology;
• methodical-psychological support and psychological support for various forms of organization of educational process in higher and secondary educational institutions.
To be able to apply knowledge and understanding of:
• fundamental and practical knowledge in the field of psychology for specific psychological educational and scientific-methodical problems;
• to use the acquired new knowledge and innovations in practical activity, to professionally navigate the modern information and communication systems, proficient in the latest information processing technologies;
• to develop and implement research on current issues in various fields of psychology;
• to develop and implement psycho-diagnostic programs aimed at the study of individual psychological characteristics of personality psychological characteristics of groups and collectives;
• possess modern methods of psychotherapy, psychotherapy, career guidance and Advisory work;
• to master the technique of conducting social-psychological training;
• to know the methods of psychological formation of the educational process in higher and secondary educational institutions;
• possess modern methods of teaching psychology, conducting practical, seminars, laboratory works;
• prepare scientific articles and to participate in psychological conferences, congresses, etc., on the results of the research work;
• keep records and communicate in the state language and foreign languages.
Ability to use professionally-profiled knowledge and skills:
• the practical and psychological work (practical psychologist; psychologist; counselor; consultant psycho-medico-pedagogical consultations);
• in the research work (research fellow (psychology) in research institutes; assistant Professor, lecturer in higher and secondary educational institutions);
• in teaching (teaching assistant, lecturer (psychological discipline) in higher and secondary educational institutions).
1. Special (professional)
• Ability to analytical and synthetic activities Milano
• The ability to continuous and relevant training
• Development of new knowledge, teaching materials, accumulated in the international psychological practice.• The ability to systematize the results of scientific research on research problems
• The ability to understand and use innovative technologies in professional activities
• The ability to interact effectively at both the individual and social level
• Ability to business communications in the professional field, knowledge of the basics of business communication, teamwork skills
• Ability to ensure professional self-realization of an individual
• Ability to diagnostic and advisory activities
• Ability to production and management activities
• Ability to social and technological activities
• Ability to rehabilitation and preventive activities
1. Learning Approaches:
Student-centered learning. Theoretical training (lectures, seminars, practical exercises in small groups, independent work on the basis of monographs, latest publications, consultations with teachers, preparation of master's work) with the implementation of practical tasks on consulting and analytics, using trainings, Case stady, discussions, game situations, testing, brain-storming (intellectual assault).
2. Grading system:
Knowledge testing, surveys, discussions, self-monitoring and self-assessment, oral and written exams; presentations; current control; written essays; control works, term papers (design) works and their protection; practice reports, state exam; defense of the master's work (project).
• Be able to provide effective search, analyze and structure information based on logical arguments and verified facts;
• Own the methodology, technologies and methods of scientific research, various areas and tools of analytical activity;
• Be able to analyze and interpret research results;
• Be able to use theoretical and methodological knowledge of the problems of psychology in the study and explanation of mental phenomena;
• Be able to conduct a psychological experiment, process and evaluate its results.
• Be able to use the acquired new knowledge and development in practice;
• Professionally orientated in modern theoretical approaches and practical areas.
• Be able to independently work out scientific sources, extracting the latest global developments, which are theoretical in nature;
• Use theoretical knowledge to develop, introduce new methods of psychodiagnostics, correction, counseling, process statistical methods with empirical data.
• To apply information and communication system, own the advanced technological methods of processing information
• Possess the elements of pedagogical skills;
• Be able to conduct educational work for team-building;
• Understand the nature and regularities of psychic phenomena, psychological structure of personality, theories of personality, conditions of its development and formation;
• Predict social psychological processes, introduce advanced learning technologies
• Be able to build communication with different groups of subjects of psychological work (customers, local residents, specialists, consultants);
•Possess the skills and abilities high-quality, professional oral and written communication, which is a prerequisite for professional efficiency;
• Justify and productively to teach, to ensure the development and correction activities of the individual, the social group;
• Be able to follow the work of staff to achieve the desired result of the work and its needs;
• Examine and summarize psychological problems, give recommendations for their solution
• To be able to plan the main stages of counseling: preparation, diagnosis, planning, implementation;
• To identify individual-typological peculiarities of the personality;
• Ensure the transition from diagnostic to consultative work with the features of the client;
• Predict behavior of the personality and its development;
• Be able to develop a comprehensive program of diagnostic and consultive work and to carry out the organization of psychological and counseling centers;
• To organize the services of the psychological help to different segments of the population.
• Be able to organize and conduct psycho-diagnostic research in the field of career guidance, professional selection and professional adaptation of the staff;
• Provide Advisory assistance in the production activity;
• To optimize the socio-psychological climate in organizations
• Identify the characteristics of social and ethnic stereotypes, prejudices;
• Apply psychological methods of analysis basic needs of forced migrants, other problematic social and ethnic groups;
• To be able to organize and provide social and psychological assistance to various segments of the population;
• To provide psychological assistance in extreme situations;
• To organize and carry out rehabilitation measures of psychological protection of citizens in crisis situations;
• To provide psychological services that provide assistance to the population.
Training of specialists with higher education in the specialty 053 "Psychology" is carried out according to the relevant levels of higher education: bachelor's degree; master's degree in professional direction;
Bachelor of 053 "Psychology" can perform professional work and to occupy the following primary positions:
• the psychologist (in educational institutions (preschool educational institutions, secondary and special schools);
• specialist assistance to troubled families;
• specialist in social work;
Chairman of the section of (the creative).
• the counselor;
• the psychologist may also hold positions that do not require in-depth professional knowledge, sophisticated research, and which focus mainly on the decision of the stereotypical problems.
Master's degree in 053 "Psychology" can perform professional work and to occupy the following primary positions:
• practical psychologist;
• Junior researcher;
• teacher of psychology in higher educational institutions;
• consultant of psychological-medical-pedagogical Commission;
• scientific adviser in government and public institutions;
• psychologist companies ' marketing departments and divisions on work with personnel;
• head of Department – chief specialist;
• consultant for healthy lifestyle;
• head of projects and programmes in the sphere of immaterial production.
• psychologist at research institutes, at industrial enterprises and in small businesses, the Armed forces of Ukraine and other law enforcement agencies, in government, in organizations that are engaged in the production and sale of services;
• consultant on public policy issues;
• head of the educational institution (secondary school, specialized schools, gymnasiums, boarding, etc.);
• Director of the Cabinet (methodological, educational).